Open auditions for The Glass Menagerie directed by JB Vanier.
August 26th & 27th 2018
Hubcity Theatre is committed to diverse casting and welcomes a broad range of experience, abilities and identities. Please email to book your audition time at email@example.com. Location for the audition will be provided.
Those interested in working as part of the production crew/backstage are also invited to express their interest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performance dates are the evenings of November 15th, 16th, and 17th.
- In keeping with the spirit of our community-based organizational mandate, all acting and crew positions are volunteer commitments.
- We suggest you arrive early to fill out an audition form on which we'll ask for a little information about you and your schedule. Please be clear about your schedule as you will be held accountable for information provided when scheduling rehearsal times.
- No preparation is necessary, as we will have readings available from the play, but prepared pieces are always welcome.
- You will have an opportunity at the audition to indicate your preference (if any) for a particular role, or if there is any other capacity in which you would be interested in being involved. We also have room for volunteers in backstage and technical positions.
- While all are welcome to audition, please note most opportunities are for those 16 years of age and older.
- All those who audition will be contacted within 7-10 days to notify them as to the outcome of their audition.
- Rehearsals will be held on evenings and weekends around the work schedules of cast and crew.
- Rehearsals will begin about two weeks after the announcement of roles, so early - mid September.
- Rehearsals will be anywhere between 1 - 3 times a week depending on scheduling, availability, and proximity to performance week.
- All successful candidates will need to make themselves as available as possible in the evening during show/tech week for additional rehearsals and tech calls.